Deschutes River Steelhead
For generations of anglers, the Lower Deschutes River in Central Oregon has been a must-fish fly-fishing destination. It is known as one of very few Blue Ribbon fisheries for both native trout and wild steelhead. From early August through the middle of October, we offer fly fishing for Deschutes River steelhead. These summer steelhead fight great, and provide an experience that should be on every steelhead angler’s list. A day trip is a great way to fish the Deschutes if your time is limited, but the ultimate steelhead adventure is a multiple day camp.
- Day trips, or multi-day “camping” trips are available.
- Use jetboats to maximize your time.
- The steelhead are wild, fresh from the ocean, and hard fighting.
- Swing flies with the Spey rods, or use a single-hand rod with an indicator.
- No experience necessary for fly fishing on the Deschutes River. With a few lessons, you’ll be casting for fish.
- Bring your own gear, or the outfitter can provide it.